Venus Williams: Winning In Business
Although Venus Williams is widely known as one of the greatest female tennis players of all time, she is also a powerful entrepreneur with lots to talk about when it comes to winning in business.
The three-time Olympic gold medalist and multiple Grand Slam tennis champion has brought her competitive spirit into the business world. As the visionary and CEO of two companies, V-Starr Interiors, an interior design firm, and EleVen, an athletic clothing line, Venus is showing the world just how far her drive, confidence, and winning spirit can take her.
For Venus Williams, the idea of “winning” is bigger than tennis. This past Summer, she released “Come to Win,” a book that discusses how the wisdom and coaching she acquired through her sports career, carries into her life as an entrepreneur. Through her own experiences, and through the lessons of other notable figures featured in the book, Venus Williams provides insight to help entrepreneurs win in business.
Here are 7 success secrets from Venus Williams, to help you create a winning strategy for your business:
1. A winning attitude is mandatory. “Some people say that I have an attitude- Maybe I do. But, I think that you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does- that makes you a winner right there.”
2. Have the mindset of a champion. “In my mind, I’m always the best. If I walk out on the court and I think the next person is better, I’ve already lost.”
3. Always play your best game. “If you’re not a competitor, you’ve just got to go home.”
4. Losses push you to get better. “When you lose, you’re more motivated. When you win, you fail to see your mistakes and probably no one can tell you anything.”
5. Be willing to walk away from bad habits. “It’s always hard to recover after a loss… I have to know when it’s time to step up, not to revert back to bad habits, but to keep ahead with the good ones.”
6. Remember why you’re in the game. “I don’t come to tournaments to make friends, to go to parties, to hold conversations. I come to be the best.”
7. Success is about having a balanced life. “Of course, I want to be number one. But, being happy and healthy is the most important thing.”
Let the powerful words of entrepreneur, Venus Williams help you create a winning strategy for your business.