Muhammad Ali: How To Win The Fight
“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” -Muhammad Ali
Every entrepreneur is a fighter. The moment you choose to start your own business, you enter the ring and begin the fight of your life. The path of a business owner is a constant battle of your determination, your resilience, and your ability to stay prepared for whatever comes next. Like any good fighter, you have to be strong– mentally, physically and emotionally in order to survive the battle and come out on top.
While we regularly spotlight success strategies from the greatest business minds of our time, let’s pause for a minute to study the mind of Muhammad Ali, one of the greatest fighters of all time. Through his dynamic words entrepreneurs can understand what it takes to fight for their businesses, to endure tough challenges, and to win battles… as well as the hearts and minds of millions.
Here are 10 things entrepreneurs can learn from the legendary fighter, Muhammad Ali:
1. Build a brand around your aspirations. “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
2. Don’t be afraid to fight for what you want. “At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.”
3. Learn how to make friends. “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
4. Embrace training. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
5. Let your focus set you free. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
6. Don’t let defeats destroy you. “I never thought of losing, but now that it’ s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That’s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.”
7. Anyone can be great. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
8. What you think is what you become. “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”
9. Defeat leads to victory. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
10. The battle is won in your mind. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
*Bonus- Aim high. “What keeps me going is goals.”
If every entrepreneur is a fighter… why not learn from the best? Let Muhammad Ali’s words help you conquer any business challenge that stands in your way.
Focus on becoming the greatest. Visualize your victory. And go for the knockout.