New iPhone App for Entrepreneurs
American Express is bringing its social networking site, OPEN Forum (www.openforum.com), to on-the-go entrepreneurs via a new mobile platform. New features include an iPhone application and an optimized mobile webpage which will give users access to actionable advice and insights from business experts, bloggers and more.
“A typical day for a modern small business owner is spent on the go,” says Scott Roen, vice president at American Express OPEN. “Entrepreneurs are always in need of tools and resources that can help them thrive anywhere, anytime. With the new OPEN Forum mobile platform, business owners have access to expert ideas and insights needed to get the job done — whether they’re in the office, on the road, or at home.”
With the new iPhone application, available at the iPhone App Store or on the OPEN Forum Mobile landing page, small business owners will now be able to:
- Read the latest articles from OPEN Forum experts in categories such as innovation, lifestyle, managing, marketing, money, technology and the world;
- Watch videos from thought leaders in full screen;
- Bookmark articles for later reading;
- Share articles with friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Search for articles on particular topics, keywords or authors.
In addition to the iPhone app, OPEN Forum content will also be optimized for mobile web browsers, extending access to users on Blackberry® and other smartphones.