Social Entrepreneurs Rock
It’s Friday… which is always good news, but it’s especially great today. As part of our “Good Friday” series we are spotlighting an exciting social entrepreneur whose good work makes a difference in her community and around the world. It is our honor to salute Malaak Compton-Rock.
Malaak Compton-Rock is more than Chris Rock’s lovely wife. She is a social entrepreneur on a mission to make the world a little better. Through a host of non-profit initiatives, speaking engagements, and book projects, Malaak Compton-Rock has dedicated her life to the service of others.
Here’s an overview of Compton-Rock’s social enterprises:
- StyleWorks, a non-profit salon that provides grooming seminars and free services for women leaving welfare and entering the workforce
- The Angelrock Project, an online initiative that promotes volunteerism, social responsibility and sustainable change
- Journey for Change, a program that empowers at-risk Brooklyn youth by taking them to South Africa for two weeks of global volunteer service
- Champions for Children, a committee to raise awareness about the signs and prevention of child abuse
- The Angelrock Project South Africa, a trust that provides assistance to orphaned and vulnerable children, granny-led households, and people living with HIV/AIDS in South Africa
- It Takes A Village, Build One, a book on how Malaak Compton-Rock found meaning through a life of service and 100+ ways you can too
According to Malaak Compton-Rock her main goal is to inspire people to give back to society in a multitude of cool and exciting ways. Her work has already blazed that trail. For more information on Malaak Compton-Rock’s great work, visit http://www.angelrockproject.com or follow her on Twitter.
What social entrepreneurs inspire you? Tell us about the great work they do in the community, so we can spotlight them in the coming weeks.